Chronoscope World is a time machine to explore the history of the world, browsing maps from the 13th until the 20th century. The new features of update 2.11 (Feb 2022) will be presented briefly on this page.
Chronoscope World 2.11 provdies access to 3,210 old maps. That’s nearly 50% more than a year ago in version 2.9.
All toolbars can be hidden by pressing Alt Space – A 3 finger tap gesture does the same on mobile devices. This provides a clean view; for example to take screenshots.
- Visited maps at the History Bar
- Visited maps are stored for a session and can be recalled: Press B (back) to open the table of visited maps. Press B again to reopen the previous map.
- Segments at Main Bar
- Some maps come in segments. Since Chronoscope 2.11 it is possible to display all segments simultaniously. Try it yourself with the Aletsch Glacier
- Pressing the Segments button should open 5 overlapping map segments.
- Click any map to activate it.
- Alt-Click any map to send it to the back.
- User the keys < and > to cycle through the stack of maps.
- The maps are removed as soon as you open another map.
- If you want to keep the map for a while – regardless of other map operations – you can pin the map.
- Use key P to pin or unpin a map. An unpinned map will be removed automatically when it is no longer needed.
- Use Shift P to pin all open maps.
- Use Alt P to unpin all maps.
- Use DELETE to remove the map immediateley.
ChronoCursor Context Menu
New plugins for Victoria’s secret menu:
- Open Railmap for UK
- Jump to twitter for this city or district name
Please fasten seat-belts and enjoy the timetravel:
By Matthias Müller-Prove. Erstellt: 2/2021, Modified: